In response to the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, we are launching a mobile app special offer.
With the many restrictions placed on local food businesses, we want to help the business owners now offering takeaway, collection and delivery services to their customers.
The app is ideal during the COVID-19 outbreak for both your customers and your staff and offers the following benefits:
- Customers can safely order food from the comfort of their home
- Customers can choose delivery or collection to suit their own circumstances
- Customers can pay for the food securely through the app
- Staff are not handling cash, debit/credit cards or even handling card payment terminals helping with social distancing best practice
- Reductions in queuing for food providing a safer environment for all
- Deliveries are already paid for and any delivery charges can also be collected via the app
- Customers can be notified of delivery/collection times or of any delays with their orders being collected or delivered
The Mobile App
The app has been developed for small businesses such as restaurants, public houses and cafés. It can also be used by other similar businesses such as fruit and vegetable merchants, butchers and bakeries that are currently offering collection and delivery services.
We are offering the app to help businesses continue to safely provide food collections and deliveries. Payments are taken through the app, significantly reducing the need for handling cash or card payments. Especially as social distancing could become an issue for staff and customers.
The app allows businesses to display their products and prices so that customers can simply add them to a basket and pay for them via the app using PayPal. Customers can also select whether they want collection or delivery, where offered, and even add any notes to the order, such as delivery instructions. The handy notes section against each product can also be used for food allergy and intolerance notes.
Other features in the app include:
- all your contact details
- your opening hours
- built-in map directions to your premises
- your website link
- links to your social media accounts
- ability to send push notifications, see below
- dashboard for managing your orders and customers
- ability to reject orders placed outside of the opening times
- decide between offering delivery only, collection only or both
- show estimated delivery time
- specify postcodes that you will deliver to
- send order confirmations to customers if you choose to
- set a minimum order value
- set your delivery cost
- set different delivery costs by postcode
- option for free delivery over a certain order value
- specify your terms and conditions for using the app
- option to add Google Analytics to the app
When someone places an order, you will receive an email with the order details. You can also choose to receive a text message alerting you that you need to check your email, and junk/spam folder as an order has been received.
Sending push notifications, ensures customers can be made aware of any latest offers, special discounts, changes to collections or deliveries or further changes to Government legislation that could affect your opening times or collection and deliveries. You can even use push notifications to warn customers of local roadworks or road closures that may cause delays to delivery and collection times.
Please feel free to take our demo app for a spin on your own phone by scanning the QR code below this image of what the app can look like.
The demo app is not set up with a PayPal account at the moment. Therefore if you place an order whilst testing the app you will not be asked for a payment.
To enable as many small businesses to benefit this is a non profit project for us. The apps are based on a set template so that we can build and launch them as quickly as possible. Additional functions, such as loyalty schemes are not included in this offer.
- Build fee: £0.00
- Customisation of the app to match your own branding and colours: £0.00
- Manual addition of up to 25 menu items/products: £0.00 *
- Spreadsheet upload of any number of menu items/products: £0.00 **
- AfterCare monthly fee: £24.95 to cover maintenance and support costs to run the apps.
- Our usual terms and conditions state that all our app contracts are for a minimum of 12 months. However, for these app contracts it will be only 6 months. Of course you will be able to keep the apps going for as long as you wish.
* Additional items can be added manually, there will be a nominal charge for this depending on the number of items to add.
** We have a sample spreadsheet that we can give you to complete if you are comfortable using spreadsheets.
How do I get the offer?
During this unprecedented time, there has never been more need for communities and small local businesses to pull together to ensure we can all remain safe and continue to supply the best possible service.